Why?

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Mon, 04 Sep 2000 16:40:29 -0700

Hola back, Kristinn

I have sometimes found that in pianos that are nearly new, the wound
strings sometimes stretch more than the unwound ones. I'm not sure why.
Later on, the bass holds pitch while the treble sags.

An Icelander, manufactured in Iceland, by Icelanders ... reminds me of an
Arthur Fiedler story. It's true, because I saw it happen.

He was a guest conductor, and I was playing in the Hamilton Philharmonic in
Ontario, your basic two-bit orchestra (sometimes a bit-and-a-half.) Anyway,
one of the percussionists had a mouth. Fiedler didn't like the sound of a
cymbal, and asked what sort it was. The percussionist said it was a good
one, made in Boston (with a smirk) ... Fiedler then told him not to make
fun of Boston, good stuff was made in Boston, and he pulled on his own
lapels (indicating himself) and said he was made in Boston. The
percussionist answered, (no, I'm not making this up ...) "Often?" Fiedler
just smiled a little and didn't say anything.

At 08:37 PM 09/04/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>Hola,
>

>I was tuning a 1yr old Estonia (made by Estonia in Estonia, by Estonians)

<sniiipppp>