False Beats

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:38:07 -0400

> I have no doubt that Ron O knows things I don't, and I know I'm not too
> alert at times, but If I'm doing it wrong, shouldn't I be able to hear the
> problem?

Well, Ron, I don't know about "hear" but you can sure catch
my negligible mind in a technological inexactitude.

When I can I like to CA glue to dribble down a bridge pin
until the hole is full enough to support a full time
meniscus (removed with a tissue corner) so the bridge is
FIRMLY supported at the _top_ of the bridge.  The bottom I
don't care about but it too is supported well in order to
support the top.  This seems to help falseness considerably.

If the string is seated on the bridge AND around the bridge
pin (like leveling strings at the agraffes) then many
falseness issues are resulved.

My simple take on a complex problem.

I do know there are speaking length and waste end issues but
I leave those to the theoreticians because I am unable
(unwilling) to much about them.

I hope all have a good weekend.

		Newton