Debussy pedal

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:58:12 EDT

It is interesting you mention Dubussy. I was asked to regulate the sostonuto
pedal for a client and I figured since he was an excellent pianist, he must
be playing Debussy or Ravel. Sure enough he was, and since both composers are
from the Impressionist period, they had sequences that required the sostonuto
pedal. Few composers up until then did.

Is it possible that he was thinking of the sostonuto pedal rather that the
sustain pedal?

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR
www.davespianoworks.locality.com

In a message dated 09/04/2000 3:50:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,