alcohol voicing (was: Reactionary curmudgeon)

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:27:41 -0700

At 08:02 AM 09/06/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Susan
>Would you be blocking the dampers up and raising the hammers to about let
>off to reach the  shoulders or hammer tips with the "juice"?
>
>Paul Chick

Hi, Paul

Actually, I'm still just planning to try it. I was thinking of leaving the
hammers at rest, to keep them far from the dampers. Control of the
application, so alcohol wouldn't splash all over or drip through the
action would be desirable. I think that Bill Ballard's suggestion of
using a long pipette sounds the most reasonable. A 6" stem sounds
long enough to rest the tip on the hammers without raising them.
I'm quoting Bill's post, below. He should probably tell you how it
works, since it seems he has done it, instead of just thinking
about it.

Susan