SAT users...

kmhamilton1 kmhamilton1@email.msn.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:44:34 -0400

I don't agree Terry.  I have always liked the
amount of stretch my SAT 3 gives me.
This may be due to the fact that most of
my clients are home pianos and not in a
concert setting but I think it is mostly
a matter of taste.

I purchased the customer list of a technician who
passed away about a year ago and I find the top
7 or 8 notes of pianos he tuned to have WAY too
much stretch. C8 can be almost 80 cents sharp!
That was the way he learned to tune and his ear
was used to hearing pianos that way.

I remember how amazed I was when I found out
there was NO right or wrong in tuning!  It can
be VERY subjective and a matter of the
tuners (or CUSTOMERS) taste.

Keep reading and contributing to the list.
I can't beleive how much knowledge there
is here!

Keith M. Hamilton, RPT
Youngstown, OH