Replacing strings

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 23:35:44 EDT

This is a very good reason to rescale the piano. Iron wound strings are
different in respect for tension. If you only send them to the stringmaker
for replacement, you may get the same diameters in copper, but the tension
will change, therefore the scaling as well.

Calulating the scale is quite complex and I suggest you contact a rebuilder
that will rescale the piano. You will be quite pleased as a result.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR
www.davespianoworks.locality.com