Roller Size, again

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:50:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/2000 6:56:23 AM, Ron O. wrote:

<<"I wrote it Jon. I was referring to the use of smaller rollers on
those modern grand actions with a 99 mm distance between the wippen
and jack centres (which covers most modern actions - certainly
everything modern from Renner, Boston, Kawai, Samick, Steinway,
Yamaha and Young Chang).

When these actions are fitted with a typical  10.5 mm roller, the
contact between the jack and the roller will be 7 - 8 mm below the
line of centres, ie.">>

Ron;
 Thanks for clearing that up. I understood that the smaller knuckle was to
address the geometry concerns and did not in and of itself offer less
"friction". I can see how someone, who was thinking differently, could have
read your comment to mean that "smaller knuckles reduce friction" whenever
used.
Jim Bryant (FL)