Teflon bushings and CA

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 06:20:30 EDT

 derek  writes:
<<  The flange is a bit on the
tight side allowing a a good focused tone.  It is important to note that
this action will probably be rebuilt fairly soon.
Has anyone ever heard of this repair before, and if so does it hold up
over time?

Greetings,
   Yes, it holds up well.  In 1980,  I treated an entire set of shanks with
penetrating expoxy right around the bosses, and then reinstalled the teflon,
reamed and pinned.  Those centers remained stable for years and I never had
another pinning problem with them.  A visiting factory tech at the time said,
"Well that does seem to fix the teflon problems, but the factory would never
do that because it changes the color of the hammershanks!"
Regards,
Ed Foote