string tieing

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:13:42 EDT

<< > I've read several times that it is safer to use a thicker add-on when
tieing
> a string. I wonder if anyone can explain the reasoning behind this thought.
> I am puzzled because I have always done just the opposite and have never had
> a failure (once the knot was tied and the string was brought up to pitch).
\
Greetings,
    I use the same size wire.  This allows the two loops to pull together
equally.  If different size wires are used, the larger diameter will not
close as tightly as the smaller,  leaving an asymetrical "knot", ( actually,
I think this is more properly called a "bend", but it is too late to start
THAT crusade...)
Regards,
Ed Foote