Tuning for Tomatoes

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 10:24:16 -0400

Am I the only cynic who thinks the elderly couple were trying to tell
the compassionate tech that his fees were too low (when they wrote
him a check for 20% more) -- and then he mails the check back?!?!
Keep in mind that he was appraising/fixing that Steinway up for
resale -- even if it was ready for total remanufacture they should be
getting at least $8K for it, and probably alot more  as the post made
it seem as if it weren't nearly that bad!

On the other hand -- we do get to work for many nice people, and we
always have the option of not being obliged to work for unpleasant
clients.

So, Mr. Cynic Says: Have a Nice Day, but charge professional fees for
professional work.

Patrick