Tuning for Tomatoes

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:04:49 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/2000 9:44:24 AM, Newton wrote:

<<"It is necessary, at times, to swallow your pride and accept
a gratuity.">>

Newton;
 Two of the hardest things in life that face is to accept a compliment
graciously; and to accept an unsought or unexpected gift graciously.

 In this case the (tip/gratuity) gift and compliment is combined and it is
our burden to deal with as best we can. By being ungracious in accepting the
offer we not only belittle ourselves but the offerer, as well as the offer.
So stop thinking of tips/gratuity as being 'unprofessional', be gracious and
accept each as offered in the same spirit that it was offered. After all,
mere payment of an agreed sum is only an acknowledgement that a service was
performed whereas any added tip/gratuity maeans that said service was truly
appreciated. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)