Lost motion tool for spinets

David Streit streit_david@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:04:01 -0700

I'm curious as to what some of you technicians use for adjusting lost =
motion in spinets.
Those square rubber/fiber grommets on the lifter wire can be a pain in =
the neck and fingers especially when they crumble.

What do you use for replacing a whole set?  I've tried removing them by =
chucking them in a fast chuck power drill and holding the lifter wire =
with vice grips. While it saves the fingers, I'm not convinced it's the =
fastest nor the best way.  The reverse process chews up the rubber and =
separates the rubber an the nut inside.

There has got to be a better way.  If anybody has one, please let me =
know.

David Streit
Associate