Lost motion tool for spinets

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 18:12:26 -0500

>While the parts aren't cheap, they aren't exactly expensive, either...
>Regards, Clyde

Maybe I should have mentioned that to a customer, and in relation to those
Wood & Brooks rubber grommets for about $2 per 100 wholesale, I consider
the Kimball type not cheap with mark-up and tax.  Add to that the labor
cost I charge to replace a set and then adjust, some customers are
reluctant to replace an entire set.  They make do with the existing set
with all the clacking noise and the inability to have lost motion adjusted.
At least, that has been my experience.

Clever idea, though, to adapt the tools to your electric drill.  That
should save some time.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731