Pinblock cracks

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:53:48 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/00 3:09:28 AM Central Daylight Time, dnu@fx.ro writes:

<< Hello!

 It's a grand, Bechstein.

 Calin  >>

Thanks for the name:

You described cracks in the pin block that were not effecting torque. With it
being a Bechstein, I believe then the pin block area would be open faced.
What you are seeing is not cracks in the pin block, but cracks in the veneer
that covers the pin block. These small cracks next to the pins are cosmetic
problems, at best. I wouldn't worry about them. The only time pin block
cracks have to be dealt with is when the torque of the pin is effected, and
then only when the torque is getting to the point of tuning instability.

I hope this helps.

Willem