Aural?

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:50:51 -0600

At 10:22 AM 9/28/2000 +0000, Kristinn wrote:

>And the ones that use ETDīs, did you work as aural tuners first?

I tuned aurally for ten years before I got a SAT and *still* tune aurally!

The SAT's just a power tool. While it can make things go faster all the
aural checks are still used and I still do unisons by ear. The SAT just
gets it close enough visually to give my concentration a slight rest before
the note is nailed down aurally.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom