Aural?

Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:21:10 +0200

Mitch Ruth wrote:

> Kristinn,
>
> If I start messing with the HTs I will invest in a good ETD.  The closest I
> get to a concert tuning is the local churches, so if I like the tuning,
> usually the customer likes the tuning.  I don't really count beats, I just
> know what sounds good.  I guess the 7 years I spent tuning tubas to flutes
> in everything from heat waves to snowstorms has served me well.

I think I would advise not using an ETD to do and learn the HT's. Actually ET
is as hard as it gets by ear. If you can do a good ET tuning then you shouldnt
have any trouble geting HT's down by ear. Plus doing so this way is definately
going to help the intellect side of your brain to understand better what the HT
thing is all about.

just had to put in my 2 schillings worth..