Teflon and polymer fume fever

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:44:15 -0400

Kristinn,

Yes,  I'm afraid you missed the point.  The original comment Larry made was
about Teflon being heated over 400 degrees F.  Paper (such as a cigarette
paper) burns at 451 degrees F.  That was the connection.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - TEAM20001
July 2001 - Reno, NV
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.equaltemperament.com/ptg/
Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Vince Mrykalo,
RPT - Dale Probst, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Kristinn Leifsson
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 6:53 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Teflon and polymer fume fever

What does teflon have to do with paper?

I thought that teflon and other related polymers were tremendously stable.

And guys, better watch out for that fluoric acid.
Come on Larry, you sure about the flu like symptoms stemming from heated
teflon? :)

"He who shall be burned by fluoric acid shall suffer, for the fluorine
shall bind with the calcium ions facilitating neurological impulses within
the body of the aforementioned person resulting in death."   K.L.

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland

P.S. Somehow I feel like I didn´t get it.