Aural?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:58:37 -0400

I am interested in understanding your use of the Sanderson AccuTuner. Your
approach appears unique.

> I have no need at all for the FAC type calculation.  I, in fact don't even
> know how to do it and don't even want to learn.  To me, it is useless.
*I*
> and *I* alone determine the intervals and the stretch.
>  I still do the wound
> strings on most pianos entirely by ear and when I reach the 7th octave on
> many pianos, I stop looking at the SAT.

You apparently use a SAT.  But you do not use FAC numbers. That's amazing. I
do not understand how to operate the SAT without inputting FAC numbers to
calculate a tuning (and then modifying the calculated tuning to your
taste/preference by manipulation of the FAC number or the Double Octave Beat
feature on the SAT III). Could you please explain your procedure. I am
always interested how to better use this valuable tool. Thanks

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com