Ear plugs

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 00:18:29 EDT

In a message dated 09/29/2000 8:04:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Billbrpt@AOL.COM writes:

<<
 Someone else also mentioned this problem.  I had it about 12 years ago and
 the doctors were not sure what the problem was.  Decongestants did not help.

 Then, I went to a Chiropractor some years later for help with tendonitis in
 my arm.  When he adjusted my neck, I suddenly felt an opening up sensation
in
 the ear that was causing a problem and scarcely ever again noticed the
 irritating sound that I had just learned to accept for years.

 The Chiropractor told me that ironically, this is the way his profession
 began.  A janitor who had a hearing problem after a fall was helped by an
 adjustment to the neck.  Today, the Chiropractor tells me to shift my head
 from side to side in the morning to encourage a "pop" from the neck.  If
 there is congestion, I immediately feel it open.

 I use disposable ear plugs that you can get at the drugstore.  I don't worry
 if I lose them and when they get old and soiled, I discard them.  I have
also
 found that echoes and other noises such as people talking and vacuums don't
 bother me when tuning any more.  I can usually hear everything I need to
hear
 with the earplugs in.  If I really want to listen to tone quality in a
 musical context, I can pull them out.  But as soon as I am again using test
 blows, those plugs go back in.  I can't stand to work without them.  My
 hearing is still very sensitive in all ranges at age 48.  I also use plugs
 make things quiet for me when I am sleeping.

 Bill Bremmer RPT
 Madison, Wisconsin

I had tenitus in my right ear for more than a year. My chiropractor shares an
office with an naturepath who looked into my ear and found yeast. He gave me
some peticton oil and in 3 days the buzzing was gone. That was after I went
to several MD's and had my ears checked.  It has been 6 years and the buzzing
has not returned.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR