1961 Winter Baby Grand- Cleaning soundboard

jstuart1 jstuart1@pdq.net
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 06:36:30 -0500

Actually the pinball machines will go. The Wurlie organ will stay but the Conn
will go. I have played the organ for over 20 years, this organ I bought for my
dad before he died so I will keep it. I still enjoy playing it even though I
know it has no value. The Conn I recieved from Calif. the same day as my first
piano. I fell in love with piano and will never be able to play the conn to
it's potential so it will go. As for parts, they can still be gotten for most
of the older ones. I don't like the Hammonds but thats personal preference.

>I can see keeping the pinball machines to break the monotony, but the organs
>have to go. There is no market for them, parts can be even harder to find.
>For instance, the only used organ which has value is a Hammond B3, all others
>are scrap.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will pass on the pedals as I probably won't end
up using the ones I saved. Much like the keys. We use a trailer, padding and
2" straps for moving pianos so I think we are ok there. Wouldn't dream of
putting an old upright in the bed of a truck. To top heavy and no real good
way to secure it. Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions. They are
always appreciated.

Judy