Reshaping VS new hammers - Condition etc

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 10:27:32 -0600

Hi Bob,

The weight removed from the action can be replaced on a semi permanet
basis. So the action *dyamic* will not be as greatly affected as you fear.
2 grand for reshaping seems on the high side. That is *if* all that were to
be done was reshaping.

Graphite would be a poor choice for a lubricant. Teflon powder would be
accepteable.

At 11:16 AM 08/01/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Richard & List,
 I like the action the way it is and was afraid
>that reshaping would negatively impact the action dynamics.  I am loathe to
>put ANY lubrication in the action, this in my mind is a shortcut not worth
>taking.

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/