Pricing: was Reshaping VS new hammers

Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:37:07 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 02, 2001 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: Pricing: was Reshaping VS new hammers

> So what makes this high priced tech the bad guy if he's successfully doing
> business this way? Does he do good work, or is he a butcher? We don't
know,
> because all we have to go on is a reported price of one service job.
>
> Ron N

Nor, unless I missed something along the way, do we know just what work the
$2K figure includes. Voicing and regulating can mean a lot of things. How
are the action center? Keybushings? Parts alignment? Condition of various
felts? None of this do we know. The only thing we seem to know for sure is
that the guy is charging too much.

Bah! Humbug!

Del