Baldwin Feeling the Squeeze

Billbrpt@aol.com Billbrpt@aol.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:47:40 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/01 10:40:45 AM Central Daylight Time,
rbrekne@broadpark.no (Richard Brekne) writes:

> I noticed just before leaving Seattle that Prossers, one of the Baldwin
> dealers in the Puget Sound area was having a "Bankruptcy Factory
> Liquidation Sale" on Baldwins. Its all very sad to be sure... but then all

Jim is right, Richard.  The "Bankruptcy Liquidation Sale" is nothing more
than marketing.  It's no secret that Baldwin is in Bankruptcy proceedings,
that news is over 2 months old.  Of course, the piano company wants to sell
whatever merchandise they have.  They may be getting more of it and want to
sell it cheap too.  That "bankruptcy sale" may go on for quite a while with
new inventory replacing that which has been sold.

This sale is no different from the usual, "Inventory Reduction Sale" and does
not mean that Baldwin is out of business or that the name, Baldwin will no
longer be with us.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin