new Baldwin Pin Torque, was PianoTechList Comments

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:20:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmmm...

Interesting word pictures happening here.

Is it possible for perfect cylinder (as in the
ideal tuning pin hole) to become larger as it
deforms?

My little brain keeps saying "smaller", "tighter
fit".

Perhaps my imagination is working in fantasyland
again!  :-)

Brian

--- Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com> wrote:
> >Ron,
> >Did Stacey say if the torque became tighter or
> looser?
> >Joe Goss
>
> Hi Joe,
> He said looser if the plank bowed up on
> installation, tighter if it bowed
> down. Sounds like a fun thing to check out, but
> I'm wondering if it won't
> make a difference with anything but an
> extremely dense block.
>
> Ron N