labor rates

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 08:05:58 -0500

Gina and all,

<<As with most learned skills, the more one practices the better/faster one
becomes (usually).>>

My late father used to respond to those who said, "Practice makes perfect"
by saying "only if you practice correctly." It is not only constant practice
at tuning, but constant *and* correct practice. And, yes, I have done it
both ways, and the latter is much more productive  :-)

Just a thought from my dad who not only was a piano tuner, but one who also
taught college piano and saw many students prove that bad practice makes bad
pianists.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com