Harpo's/Rach's prelude in c#m (OT)

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 07:32:12 -0500

pianolover 88 wrote:

> Does anyone remember WHICH Marx Bros. movie features the scene where "Harpo"
> demolishes a grand piano while playing Rachmaninoff's prelude in c#m? It's
> Hilarious and brilliant!

My personal favorite is Laurel & Hardy's "Music Box", the comic short where they
are piano movers.  They try to move an upright player piano to a house on the
top of a hill using the longest flight of stairs in history.  After numerous
mishaps, (including loosing their grip and having it slide all the way down
again), they discover that there is a road that drives around to the top.  Then
they proceed to find the most difficult way to get the piano inside the house,
(through an upstairs window).  It is absolutely hilarious!  Oddly enough the
piano still works when they finally get there!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

P.S. I have had experiences with movers who wern't too much smarter!