It's a Small (Piano) World - Fun Stuff

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 19:33:26 -0400

See, that is one of the reasons I prefer the AccuTuner to a =
computer-based electronic device - durability. I'll bet this guy used an =
AccuTuner. All that clop, clop, clop, between tune, tune, tune would =
wreck a computer! And where would he recharge???? I hope I meet him =
someday.

I tuned a Kawai grand at a downtown Tampa St. John's Progressive Baptist =
Church on Friday. This is the place that last year they had pounded both =
front legs of the grand through the stage floor (the piano was only held =
up by the lyre and back leg - and balanced by the friction of the two =
front legs in the floor). This time they busted the sustain pedal off (I =
cannabalized the sostenuto pedal as a temporary fix). The lady invited =
me to attend a service. This was after I asked her about the two big =
damaged speakers on her desk. She said they blew out both leslie =
speakers from the B3 a couple weeks ago. The repair dude put the ones on =
her desk in there temporarily, but they blew those out also. They have =
new ones in now. She said the B3 player is a small woman, but she really =
tears up the organ. I told her I was Quaker and we worship in silence. =
She let out a yell and a chuckle. She said to come on down for one of =
their services and to fasten my seat belt! I can't wait!!!

It's not just a job. It's an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Farrell
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20