current upright stringing scales?

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 18:30:20 -0700

So your hat is in the ring.  I didn't see you wearing a hat at Reno, but I
only saw you inside, so I guess you may wear one out in the sun.

I won't step on your hat, but I may just tap my foot on the brim a little.

Sorry I didn't get to visit with you more in Reno.  You appeared very busy
and so was I.  With my limited knowledge of piano design, I was impressed
with your piano, and hope that the principles you've developed will be
applicable to the rebuilding of worthy pianos.

I applaud everything you say, BUT, here it comes.

, makes my mind boil over.

Get a higher temperature thermostat!!!!!

? Today, we have every bit as much
> intelligence and creative ability as the generations which have gone
> before, but we have the added advantage of a better understanding of
> material science, and the aid of a useful analytical tool in the form

If by "we" you mean me, you and maybe some of the other great minds on the
list, I could agree, but if you mean by "we" the collective minds  of the
great unwashed of society, I think that you will find that mankind in
general has less intellect and creative ability than his ancestors.

A wag once said  "Progress was okay, but it has gone on too long"

I happen to believe that mankind (womenkind as well) has deteriated
physically, mentaly and otherwise since the flood of Noah's day.

Now, the acculimated data that was produced by the generations of old
(without the data base we have) is available to us the new? generation.

The fact that "we" don't accept  that new information may clarify some of
the concepts of the older generation, proves to me that we are inferior to
them. They did it without computers, adding machines and encycopedias.

We can't do it WITH those things.  I submit that it is arrogance and pride
that is the stumbling block for the
lack of progress in not only piano design but most other aspects of life.

Respectively submitted;

Carl Meyer