Gray Market Yamaha Anti-Gibberish

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 23:08:26 -0600

At 09:08 PM 8/5/01 -0400, Terry Farrell wrote:

>Ran across this one on the web. What a hoot! "acclimatize"? Hmmm, actually
>in the dictionary. I wonder about their testing for moisture content - what
>are they looking for? - to see if it needs watering? Anyway - happy
>reading!.........................
>
>Terry Farrell
>
>http://www.pianohouse.ca/
>
>You may have heard that Yamaha claims to have different manufacturing
>specifications for new pianos pertaining to different climates, including
>what they call "North American" climate.

Check out:
http://www.yamaha.ca/show_article.asp?articleId=1&targetName=Acoustic+%26+Di
gital+Acoustic+Pianos

or go to http://www.yamaha.ca and look for the acoustic piano announcement.

Yamaha Canada has an actual "seal" they put on their pianos to certify
they're made for our climate. The pianohouse.ca article is probably in
response to it.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
mailto: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom