Under an hour tuning (was labor rates)

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:50:20

Richard,

   I also agree with the time slot approach.  I see nothing wrong with doing
a few little "extras" when there is time left in the appointment.  Also, it
is important to note that many of these little things that we can do impact
directly on the sound of the piano.  For example, one or two very harsh
notes can stand out from the rest, but a little voicing on one or two
offenders brings them back into line with their neighbors.  Customers will
often notice that type of thing and attribute it to a good tuning.  That
often goes a long way to beginning a long-time relationship with a customer.

Sincerely,
Tom Dickson