Protek & Teflon

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:20:02 -0500

Hi Newton you old codger,
                                      Well said, may I add the capstans
whilst you are at it. Making sure any machining tits are removed with 600
wet and dry, then polish, and protec as proscribed. Brunish in some tefon
on to the wippen cloth can greatly reduce friction.
I see a lot of rough capstans on new pianos.  Thought I would chip in my
2cents worth.
Detail, detail, and more detail.  <G>
Have a nice day.
Roger Dodger.