Grand Storage

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:17:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/01 12:45:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
Bluderer@sloanandcompany.com writes:

> Would one then also want to remove the action prior to moving the
> instrument, even if it was just to be on its side for 8 hours???????

Under normal conditions, no. I have had pianos sit on their side for over a
year, with no effect on the action.

As far as that goes, I am not sure if the weight of the hammers will bend the
shanks. to the side. Under normal regulation, the hammer shanks do not rest
on the hammer rail, and the shanks don't bend. So why would they bend if the
action was on it's side?

Willem