Grand Storage

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:08:22 EDT

In a message dated 08/06/2001 4:55:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca writes:

> Hi,
> Wasn't there a thread, a while back, that indicated a damper
> problem, due to shipping on there sides. The rail moved?
> There would be an uneven centre pin pressure also?
> It would then indicate that to be safe, store it flat, at least
> the action.
> Regards,
> John M. Ross

Having been in the used piano wholesale business for many years I have never
seen any problems related to storing pianos on there side.  I suppose there
could be minor problems such as a rail loose but nothing as major as a
vulnerable action being moved around or exposed to damage.  I have also found
that the more pieces of a piano you keep together, the better, period!!!

David Koelzer