Perspectives

Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:52:45 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <JIMRPT@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 06, 2001 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: Perspectives

> In a message dated 06/08/01 9:18:19 PM, jstuart1@pdq.net writes:
>
> << "What a lousy ending to an otherwise ok day.
> Judy">>
>
> Judy;
>  We all get these calls and I don't think any of us enjoy telling people
what
> they 'need' to hear. Sometimes it is particularly difficult when It was
"Moms"
> or "Grandmother's" piano involved.

And it's made even more difficult when some previous tuner--possibly the one
just before you--has told them it was one of the finest and most unique
pianos he/she has ever encountered and it's worth at least $6,000 or $20,000
or some other such figure. Whether this was done out of some false sense of
"kindness" or inexcusable ignorance is irrelevant--it's devastating to the
poor piano owner.

About all you can do is follow Jim's advice...