Perspectives

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:46:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/01 8:18:19 PM Central Daylight Time, jstuart1@pdq.net
writes:

> Maybe I am just still to new at this but I feel really bad about telling
> the lady about the sound board and fully realizing that I felt much the
> same as she only a few short months ago.

As Jim said, don't take it personally and don't be too rough on yourself. You
are going to run across this situation many times in your life. It's tough to
give this kind of news, and it hurts even more when the customer does react
the way yours did. But at the same time, it is part of our job to be honest
with the customer, and tell her what the problems are with the piano. I think
if you express exactly how you feel, as you described it, the customer will
most likely accept the news better.

Willem