<<WAY OFF TOPIC>> Puppy Names

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:04:57 -0600

>How about Duke (as in Ellington)?

Duke Ellington was my black lab's name, though he was usually just "Duke
the blues dog". He'd sing along with harmonicas even while he was sleeping
and could usually tell the difference between a Steinway and other grand
pianos.

His CKC/AKC registered name was "Puddleduck's Big Ben Rose" but he looked
more like a "Duke" to me when I rescued him from the pound at 2 years old.
He looked so bad when he was brought in that they didn't even bother
looking for a tattoo.

>I'm sure there are other dogs named Duke, so it's not the most original.

Duke is apparently one of the most common names for a male dog. As I'm
typing this there is a TV commercial on where the guy is talking about his
dog "Duke" so no, it won't win any prizes for originality.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
mailto: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom