Damper TouchWeight

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:41:26 +0200

Hi Terry... I am sure you will hear this and more from many others...but ....:)
Check the damper springs.. often enough you find these adjusted really strong.
Its not necessary either... you only need so much pressure to quiet the
strings...if you have that amount and the strings still sing then something else
is the problem. Also check for worn out lift felts, corroded spoons... that
kinda thing... damper centers for that matter.

As too your direct question about how much extra weight dampers should
add....gee when you first mention it I dont recall.  Suppose I will have to go
look this one up.. Our resident pirate Jolly Roger should know...:)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.