Damper TouchWeight

Linda Stråhle linda.laserbeam@home.se
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 22:48:23 +0200

Hi Terry,

Reading in my old pianotech book it says:
For newer pianos damperspring weight is in the bass about 100 grams, midpart
about 90 grams and in the treble about 70-80 grams. You measure this with
the action out on your work bench with the action on it´s back. You take the
measurement on the woodpart of the damper just under the thread.
If you think the spring is too strong just loosen it a little. Just beware
of that if you loosen them too much the piano may start "ringing". Well,
you´ll see what happens.

greetings
from
Linda Strahle