Soundboard replacement info

Graeme Harvey gharvey@netsource.co.nz
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 00:38:31 -0000

Greetings to all,

I am wanting to find a source or several sources of up to date info on
soundboard replacement, and related topics.
I've got Journals back about 5 years which I've scanned and digested and
Wolfendens book.
I've never replaced a soundboard, but have done most other tasks, and wish
to learn the subject more in depth before launching into one.

I tried the archives tonight, but I couldn't get a response. This occurs
sometimes, but I'll try again.

Maybe some of you experienced in this have written some papers or could
suggest a direction for me to head.
Living in New Zealand will probably prohibit me bringing in a ready made
board due to cost of shipping and our weak currency so I'll probably be
looking at sourcing suitable timber and working from scratch.

Our Guild here are doing a board replacement as a project but it is a long
term endeavour and I'm keen to make progress sooner than this.

Many thanks

Regards
Graeme Harvey
New Plymouth