Small Bridge Pin Source

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:19:15 -0500

Hi Joe,
           Try Wally Brooks at a starting point, or Lloyd from Renner.  I
would love to have a steady supply of Geman Silver pins.
The supply house's seem to be hit or miss with their supplier's.
The last batch of #21's I ordered were brass with plating.  (from a
Japanese supplier)  I sent them back.  The supply house asked what was
wrong.  When I told them of pin failure due to the plating coming off.  I
was politely told I was being 'picky", and that it's the first they had
heard of problems.
Change a set of 15yr old Yamaha underlever pins, and expect to do the job
again in 15yrs.   I don't think so.
Climatical conditions will have a significant effect on how long those
plated pins will last.

Just some thought's on the topic.
Roger