Small Bridge Pin Source

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 15:42:41 -0500

Hi Dale,
              I think the plating failure has more to do with environmental
conditions as opposed to time.   Moisture and industrial pollution being
the main cause.   Samick has had a bigger problem due to graphited bushing
cloth.  I have examined these under a microscope, besides flaking, they
also show significant score lines.  Now what came first, the flaking, or
the score lines causing the plating to flake?
Graphite comes in many grades. Bearing in mind it is mainly carbon,
hardness can vary all over the map.  Diamond being on the extremeend of the
scale.  It is also hygroscopic.  A propensity to attract and hold water.

Roger