Piano-Organ..

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:52:50 -0300

Hi,
The tubes are available. They are in fact fairly common.
http://www.tubesandmore.com/
also go to for more info and links  =
http://www.mitatechs.com/textonly.html
I bought a Lowrey unit one time and installed it in a piano, I had.
My wife really enjoyed it, it had a swell pedal worked by the knee,=20
and footpedals for one octave. She really enjoyed the combination sound.
It was an Orcana, made by Lowrey.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 9:40 AM
  Subject: Re: Piano-Organ..

  In a message dated 8/13/01 6:54:21 AM Central Daylight Time,=20
  tito@PhilBondi.com writes:=20

    A friend has shown me something I have never seen nor heard of..A =
Piano that=20
    is also an organ..made by Jannsen..it's a full 88 note piano with =
organ=20
    stops and the electronics are secured to the fallboard.=20

    I wish I could have heard it, but I think that may be a good=20
    improbablility..why? The piano is being 'stored' outside and it has =
to go up=20
    2 flights of stairs..there's already evidence of rusted wire and =
keys that=20
    go down and don't come back.=20

  I have seen two of these things. The organ didn't work because the =
tubes are=20
  blown. And they don't make tubes any more.=20

  Back in the late 50's or early 60's, when my dad first got started in =
the=20
  business, Thomas Organ Co., I think in cooperation with the Starck =
Piano=20
  company, made a piano/organ combination. The thing looked like a two =
manual=20
  organ, except that the top manual was the organ, and the bottom was an =
88=20
  note piano. The problem with the thing was tuning. The engineers who =
designed=20
  the thing put the organ tubes and wires, etc., in the way of the =
tuning pins.=20
  The only way to tune the piano was to remove the organ keyboard =
completely.=20
  One had to almost be an organ technician to do that job. Obviously the =

  instrument was not a big success.=20

  Wim=20