Piano-Organ..

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:59:42 -0500

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

> I have seen two of these things. The organ didn't work
> because the tubes are
> blown. And they don't make tubes any more.

Tubes are still readily available primarily through
specialty suppliers for individuals involved with vintage
electronics restoration, (i.e. antique televisions and
radios).  These guys either hoarded collections of them when
companies were liquidated or purchased the tooling and
machinery to make new ones themselves on a limited scale.
There are also a number of very popular tubes available
today for modern tube amp applications, (i.e. the ever
popular 12XA7 pre amp tube, 6AU6 damper tube, and the 2X4
rectifier tube).  I've also seen some listed on e-bay.

Thank God for transistors!!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV