The Piano Technician's Library

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:22:56 -0400

Friends,

I am wading through "The Original Bluebook of Pianos," but it may be a
week or so before I send you my impressions.  But it did get me to
thinking --  Are there some books or resources that all of us should
have in our libraries for reference?  Of course there would be some
variation, depending on the particular branch of piano technology we are
into.

For starters, the following are either significant to me now or were at
some time in the past.

Business Resource Manual published by PTG
Music Product Directory, Acoustic Piano Edition, Ancott Associates
The Piano Book by Larry Fine
Piano Parts and Their Functions compiled by Merle Mason
Piano Servicing, Tuning and Rebuilding by Arthur Reblitz
Pierce Piano Atlas
The PTG Exams: A Sourcebook (technical edition)
Repair Labor Guide by Joseph Garrett
catalogues from Schaff, Pianotek, etc.
professional service manuals from major piano manufacturers
plus any of the PTG publications of interest

Input, anyone?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA