Open face vs. closed face pin blocks

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:24:00 +0200

Been following along this whole thread with lots of interest and couldnt help throwing into
the wash (from afar and with a decided delay) that this whole line of reasoning begins to
stir up that "Magic Circle" wash that a few of us have heard from the Steinway camp.

I wonder tho, just how it is that energy leakage through the front termination, evnt.
counterbearings, through the pins, into the plate via the pinblock is supposed to increase
power. Would seem to me that such a leakage would be more an acoustical shunt then anything
else. Anyone care to explain the "logic" of this idea ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.