Ca Glue.

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:36:30 -0700

  Our lovely Susan Kline wrote;

    "I don't like the accelerator, which stinks and is a little toxic. =
The glue=20
sets up very quickly, if it sets at all, anyway. Breathing on the glue=20
joint speeds it up a little. Don't inhale. <grin> Also, it will set =
better=20
if you don't use too much. Air and a little moisture must get to the =
glue=20
for it to set, and so thin layers of glue work better."

    I didn't know that Susan, I thought that CA glue reacted to =
accelerator because it was a rather inert alkaline ph level.

    Anyway, in answer to your question, the accelerator does just that, =
it causes the glue to "set" immediately. Like NOW!  One good thing about =
it, though, is that you can spray the accelerator on one part, set it =
aside for as long as you want; it doesn't affect it to be dry or not, =
you can then put the glue on the other part, and when you put them =
together they bond almost immediately. (Which can be a good thing, or =
NOT.) =20
    I, personally, hardly ever use the accelerator, not having the =
confidence to get it exactly right on the first shot.=20

   =20