Lighten Touch

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:39:26 -0600

Hi Ed,=20
lube all friction points first checking hammer swing. spoons are a =
friction spot too.
Front and balance rail with Mac Lube spray.
Hammer tails do they need trimmed down to eliminate unneeded weight?
Teflon those spoon felts and knuckles.
Best
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ed Carwithen=20
  To: Piano Tech List=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 5:01 PM
  Subject: Lighten Touch

  Dear Friends:

    I am to work on a Kurtzman Grand Friday.  Clean, regulate, repair =
lyre braces.  Owner asked if I could make the touch any lighter.  I said =
    "Sure, No Problem!!!!"

  Ok,      now how do I do that?  The dampers are already lifting at =
about half blow.  It does seem somewhat sluggish.  Please give me your =
best advice...

  Ed Carwithen
  John Day, OR