Bosendorfer plate removal

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:55:29 EDT

Newton:
You got it. The rim was laid up around the plated belly, or perhaps the plate
slid in before the pinblock/stretcher assembly was glued up, much the same
way that some  soundboards (old Bluthner's come to mind) were done, slid into
a mortise. You're right, not easy. I danced around this one Boesendorfer for
three weeks before taking a saw to the rim. Fortunately I have a superb
refinisher to work with who hid all of the cut marks. But the cutting still
has to be done very carefully.
PR-J