Restoring old uprights

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:04:04 -0400

Let me see if I understand the method described by Newton and Del below. I
understand it in two ways, and I think only one is right: 1) Do you route
out large sections of the pin block and then fill those sections with a
large piece of pinblock, cut to the right size? If so, how large are the
sections (how many pins are in each section)? 2) The other way I understand
it is that perhaps you are talking about removing the entire pinblock by
routing it out section by section since it would be hard to remove it in one
piece. And then you replace with a whole new pinblock. Which of my
descriptions is closest to what you're talking about?

Thanks,
Charles