choice of glue

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:27:31 EDT

In a message dated 16/08/01 10:25:44 PM, Tvak@AOL.COM writes:

<<"I'm replacing the damper felt on an old grand and on an old spinet.  I am
planning on using PCV-E glue for its non-wicking properties.  Is this a good
choice?">>

Tom;
 I prefer hot glue for this type job but PVC-E will work very well.

<<"I am also replacing the catcher leather on the spinet.  Never having glued
leather before, would PVC-E be a good choice for this application?">>

 I have never tried PVC-E for this operation but since it stays flexible, or
somewhat pliant, I don't 'think' I would use it in places where there is
significant repeititve strain such as catcher leathers...........
My view.
 Jim Bryant (FL)